[Debian-in-workers] Debian Installer sublevel 1: Please think about updating translations now

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 06:49:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

This is a first "ping" mail to Debian Installer (D-I) translators. You will
find attached to this mail the first "sublevel" of D-I translations
(there are 4 other sublevels in "core" D-I translations).

This mail is sent to addresses registered in "Last-Translator" for the
respective PO files as well as "Language-Team"...when there is an
address there.

Even though the release of Debian is not yet close, we think this is a
good moment for you to cope with changes that happened since the
release of Debian Lenny...and thus give your language a good chance to
be kept in D-I translations.

Several translations had indeed no update since early 2009, when we
were preparing the release of Lenny. Even though not that many changes
happened, there are enough for deserving some attention, now.
Particularly because several changes happened for the initial
"localization" section.

There is no deadline set. Stil, please think about coping with this
pending work.

You should submit updates by committing them to D-I SVN. If you don't
know how to do this, please get in touch with me. There is
theoretically a "coordinator" registered for your language and that
person should be able to do such commits. As last option, *I* can do
commits, but that would bring a significant load for me, so I welcome
any effort to avoid this.