[Debian-in-workers] Updating lang-desktop tasks in tasksel

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Sat Sep 18 20:54:41 UTC 2010

Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add some packages to malayalam-desktop (possibly other
> Indian language tasks), but wanted to check here before adding it. I
> hope there will be new upload of tasks before squeeze. ibus is
> becoming common for Indic inputs and I would like to add ibus-m17n and
> m17n-contrib to malayalam-desktop so that a user selecting Malayalam
> would be able to make use of different input layouts available with
> ibus. I would think it is a good idea for other Indian languages as
> well. Another update is iceweasel localisation files, ie,
> iceweasel-l10n-ml.
>
> Can I update these in svn?

Sure, but please do that in git..:-)

I will appreciate if you go beyond updates for Malayalam and can check
other Indic languages (Indian+Nepali).

And, even better, a general check around all *l10n tasks (particularly
in case some desktop software localization packages can be added to
some...or have to be removed from others, etc.).

I have this in my TODO list but I fear about forgetting at some point
....or not having time, etc.

In case you have a doubt about what you can and can't do, just ask
here, in the ML....