[Debian-in-workers] Changes to Font package names and OpenOffice hyphenation package names

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:28:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Here are few things which I came across

Santhosh Thottingal gave me this link
http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2011/01/msg00190.html In
this discussion the Debian OpenOffice has decided to use hyphen-* as
package name for OpenOffice hyphenation patterns which is currently
using name openoffice.org-hyphenation-*

So I guess we need to retitle the following 11 RFP/ITP to have the
above mentioned package name
http://wnpp.debian.net/?type[]=ITP&type[]=RFP&project=openoffice&description=&owner[]=yes&owner[]=no&col[]=dust&col[]=type&col[]=description&col[]=installs&sort=project

Also I had asked for help in pkg-fonts on packaging this ITP
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=571723 the package
name was ttf-induni I was told by Christian PERRIER that the font
packages should be named as fonts-<foundry>-name where foundry is
either author or the company which created the font. So  I renamed the
ITP to have name fonts-jhonsmith-induni. The conversation in pkg-fonts
can be found here
 http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fonts-devel/2011-January/006000.html
So I think the ttf-indic-fonts (all indian fonts) should also be
renamed to have the above name format.

Thanks and Regards
--

Vasudev Kamath