[Debian-in-workers] Draft for ttf-indic-fonts restructuring

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:58:05 UTC 2011

Vasudev Kamath said on Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:55:27PM +0530,:

 > font-lohit-ml
 > font-lohit-hi
 > font-pothana-te

Coming to think of it, I feel this renaming / repackaging / splitting
up the fonts is a good idea, whatever the other mailing list decides.

The flip side is that we will end up with umpteen smaller packages.

Anyway, I suggest you sleep over this for a few days, to allow others
respond.

I feel the transition is going to be very painful, particularly if
first install was the indic fonts metapackage, and user upgrades /
installs only the individual font. For testing / unstable /
experimental users like me, the new fonts will show up under the "new
packages" tab in aptitude. I am not sure that a simple "aptitude
upgrade" will install the proposed packages.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
``Those willing to give up a little liberty for a