[Debian-in-workers] Fonts Package transition status

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:42:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>
>> As the maintainer of fonts-lohit-as (Assamese) I need to rename the
>> package as well. So as per the discussion in this thread I went to the
>> unicode.org[1], but I didn't find the ISO Code for the Assamese language.
>>
>> What should we do in such case?
>
> "Beng" is the iso 15924 code for Assamese. Assamese uses Bengali script.

This will again cause problem because we have both assamese and
Bengali fonts in lohit. I don't know why lohit made 2 seperate tar
balls if both are going to provide Bengali script!

Also note that we can use only small letters in the package name so
essentially package name will be something like fonts-lohit-beng

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com