[Debian-in-workers] Pending Changes todo for Package Maintainers

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:11:24 UTC 2011

On 14:44 Sun 13 Nov     , Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry at gmail.com):
>
> But Assamese script will never get an ISO-15924 code as it uses
> Bengali script..:-)

Yes that is true.

> Why not just put the two fonts in the *same* package:
> fonts-lohit-beng... And then explain in the package description that
> "This package provides fonts suitable for languages written in Bengali
> script, such as Bengali and Assamese".

Well upstream provides 2 tar balls one for Assamese and one for
Bengali and both font file are not similar. By trying to mix both them
together we will have no valid upstream for the fonts-lohit-beng (It
will  be a similar case of ttf-indic-fonts). I would like to preserve
upstream  work as is.
So what will be other best alternative?

Also I noted that *there was no ttf-assamese-fonts* so fonts-lohit-as is
not a split from ttf-indic-fonts source. So I'm really confused on how
to handle this peculiar case.

Best Regards
--
Vasudev Kamath