[Debian-in-workers] Indic language hyphenation packages update

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:33:09 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Balasankar C <balasankarc at autistici.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> SMC, upstream for the hyphenation packages for Indic languages, has
> cut out a new version in their GitLab repo [1]. This update removes
> installation of the OpenOffice specific files from Makefile.
>
> Also, as per comments on bug #542236 by Vasudev[2], hyphen-ml package
> is ready in the alioth repo (it also has to be updated, because of the
> recent release). Please consider uploading it.
>
> Finally, SMC has moved from savannah to GitLab, and hence the watch
> file needs to be updated with the new address.

The original packagers for those packages are currently MIA. And as I
told earlier I don't have enough time to spend on fixing and updating
the pacakges. So if any one cares about their status in Debian I think
its the right time they step in and take over the maintenance.

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info