[Debian-in-workers] FontForge Update to stable

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Tue Jan 13 06:42:23 UTC 2015

(droppign the list of Cc's in the hope that all participants *are* in
the debian-in-workers list)

Quoting Balasankar C (balasankarc at autistici.org):
> Ok. I didn't mail it to font team's mailing list because I am under the impression that list is no more maintained( I am getting a lot of spam mails from that list).. Anyway, let's do it after freeze..

The list is maintained and well maintained. We're active on it.

It's an opened list, just like all Debian lists. So you get spam,
sorry for this....but a good spam filter will easily take care of it :
my own folder of pkg-fonts-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org is *not* full
of spam (but my spam fold"er is).

The pkg-fonts team is alive.

....but will not update FF at least not until jessie is released. It
is too late. The jessie ship is sailing.

Sad that it won't support newly released fonts with backward
incompatibility. IMHO groups creating such fonts should think before
creating such breakage (or FF authors should.....but intentionnally
breaking backward compatibility is anything but a good idea : free
software authors shouldn't try to mimic proprietary software authros).