[Debian-in-workers] Multiple RFSs - Splitting fonts-smc (was Re: Updating fonts-smc and FontForge update)

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:02:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

General review.

1. Use watch file format 4 and simplify the watch file. Use man page
of uscan for reference or some of packages which already uses them.
You will not need mangle rules for file format 4.
2. Please document in lintian-overrides file why ITP is not required.
3. Drop all unwanted template comments from debian/rules file
4. You mention all license as GPL-3.0+ and then in the license
expansion piggy back the Font exception. This is not the correct way.
Wherever needed appropriately mention exception in License: block. See
my package zimlib for reference [1]
5. If there are patches please consider mentioning if its worth to
upstream or not by using Forwarded: field. Also there is missing
Description field in patch. Please follow DEP-3 guidelines for patch
tagging.
6. Please force signing of tags in gbp.conf.
7. Unwanted indentation of build-depends, if you put one build dep per
line every new line should be indented with single space
8. Is this a valid version? fontforge (>= 1:2016)
9. python2.7 is redundant and will be pulled by python-fontforge
10. As far as I remember from policy changes ~ is not needed  in
debhelper (>= 9~), it should be only (>= 9)
11. ttf-malayalam-fonts is not needed in Replaces its long gone.

Please update this. I've only checked one package and assumed its same
across all. Once done inform and I will consider reviewing again.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/zimlib.git/tree/debian/copyright
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

Best Regards
--