[Debian-in-workers] Consolidating Indic font packages into fonts-team

Vasudev Kamath vasudev at copyninja.info
Fri Jan 12 15:16:10 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Since we are now considering moving packages from Debian India team from
Alioth to Salsa its time to decide and review all old packages and where
possible consolidate things into more suitable teams.

For eg. some hunspell and aspell packages got bugs and we were not very
quickly able to respond to those bugs due to lack of people and time. So
to avoid any further situation it is better to move the packages to
appropriate team and join there and maintain.

So me and Kartik had a discussion over IRC if its better to move the
fonts to fonts-team on Salsa. Since most of fonts are only maintained by
me and Kartik (exception being fonts-smc and related stuff by Bala) we
are thinking of this consolidation.

Idea of team is to be able to help out when maintainer is not able to
attend to package in urgent situations. But in our case though we have a
team only active members are 2 at most 3.

So we first handle fonts and then we review and drop old obsolete
packages and then consider where we can consolidate rest of packages.

If any one has objection its time to bring it forward :-).

Cheers,
--
Vasudev