[Debian-iot-maintainers] Pre-RFP/ITP: domoticz - home automation system

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Sun Dec 3 17:48:08 UTC 2017

Hello Thibaut,

Am 01.12.2017 um 17:09 schrieb Thorsten Alteholz:
> Hi Thibaut,
>
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>> I see. Sounds like tedious work. Is there some starting point laying on some
>> shelf that could be commited to git?
>
> my attempt is about one year old, do you really want to use that?
>
> At least I created a domoticz.git now.

I typically start to work on a for me reachable git tree like GitHub or
Gitlab or own resources. At start of a new package you will often need
to chnage small things over and over again and melt such changes later
together.

Once the initial packaging work is done and a state of the package is
being reached that a upload can happen I would go then to a more general
place like Alioth.

That I mostly doing simply because I need often a rebasing of my tree to
keep things for packaging logical and traceable for other persons too
(in a not chaotic order). Repositories on Alioth aren't able to being
forced pushed because that would break local cloned tree's of other
contributors.
In your "own" repository you can always do what you want.

So I would suggest you start simply something locally and give a ping on
that list for review or questions.

An other possibility is to do the packaging on mentors.debian.net, I'm
sure Thorsten or myself will sponsor a upload if needed.

But first you should file a ITP bug report so other people can see that
at least one other person is trying to package that software. :)
You can keep that list in the X-Debbugs-Cc header.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert