[Debian-iot-maintainers] vcspd; Looking for sponsor

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Sun Dec 29 16:21:38 GMT 2019

Hi Ake,

Am 29.12.19 um 16:38 schrieb Ake Hedman:
>> Do you have started any technical packaging work on vcspd?
>
> I am a total novice building Debian packages. I have been a bit
> overwhelmed by all the information and rules. It's a lot to digest if
> you want to understand what you do and why you do it.

yes, it's a lot of knowledge you need to learn. But system maintenance
isn't easy mostly, so don't worry to much. Every existing Debian
Developer was needing to learn this before being an experienced
developer. ;)

[snip]
> For the daemon I have this left that lintian complains about
>
> E: vscpd changes: bad-distribution-in-changes-file stable
> E: vscpd source: source-is-missing
> src/common/third_party/duktape-1.5.2/src-separate/duk_initjs_min.js
> E: vscpd source: source-is-missing
> src/common/third_party/duktape-1.8.0/src-separate/duk_initjs_min.js
> W: vscpd source: orig-tarball-missing-upstream-signature
> vscpd_14.0.0.orig.tar.gz
> W: vscpd source: debian-watch-could-verify-download
> debian/upstream/signing-key.asc
> W: vscpd: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
>
> and on other packages it's just the bad distribution and itp-bug close.
> At this stage none of the above look to serious as far as I can see.

All these lintian warnings are solvable, but for this we need to see the
current state of your work. duktape is packaged for Debian already.

Can you please share a git tree which holds your work? Than we can talk
and discuss possible issues.

PS: No need to keep me CC, I'm subscribed to the list.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert