[Debian-iot-maintainers] Joining team

David Suarez david.sephirot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:35:36 GMT 2020

Hi,

Am 26.01.20 um 20:45 schrieb David Suárez:
> > Currently I'm packaging the base specifications. I will take a look into
> >   it later.
> [...]
> > Is possible to get Owner or Maintainer access to gitlab ?  I'm trying to
> > push the first package into salsa.d.o, but I get the next error:
>
> You are already Developer, this should be enough for most of the things
> you need to do.
>
> >  >>> Enumerando objetos: 24, listo.
> >  >>> Contando objetos: 100% (24/24), listo.
> >  >>> Compresión delta usando hasta 4 hilos
> >  >>> Comprimiendo objetos: 100% (24/24), listo.
> >  >>> Escribiendo objetos: 100% (24/24), 14.78 KiB | 1.85 MiB/s, listo.
> >  >>> Total 24 (delta 9), reusado 0 (delta 0)
> >  >>> remote: GitLab:
> >  >>> remote: A default branch (e.g. master) does not yet exist for
> debian-iot-team/ocf-spec-core
> >  >>> remote: Ask a project Owner or Maintainer to create a default
> branch:
> >  >>> remote:
> >  >>> remote:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-iot-team/ocf-spec-core/-/project_members
> >  >>> remote:
> >  >>> To salsa.debian.org:debian-iot-team/ocf-spec-core.git
> >  >>>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
> >  >>> error: falló el push de algunas referencias a 'git at salsa.debian.org:
> debian-iot-team/ocf-spec-core.git'
>
> That's a bit curious, the repository is empty and Salsa is requiring a
> default branch? Some new fancy 'feature' due new gitlab version? As the
> repo is empty I can't setup an default branch.

What about prepare something within your own namespace to not stock and
> see what is working and what not?

If there is not other way, I will stick with my personal namespace.

I see you have a branch master which is of course the default, do you
> know about DEP 14 which is a proposal for Git layout of packaging
> repositories? I can really suggest to use this proposal as by time your
> packaging work will get more and it's really helpful to have a good
> overview of the branches in your tree. And it is helpful later for other
> possible contributors too.
>
> https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/

I was unaware. Have to look into it.

> > Asking for creating the master branch every package I want to upload is
> > very intensive :)
> >
> > And for the basic specs I go for 3 packages:
> >
> >   - ocf-spec-core
> >   - ocf-spec-core-extensions
> >   - ocf-spec-certification
> >
> > One more for the data models (published at [0]):
> >
> >   - ocf-iot-data-models
>
> Looking at quite similar package names, wouldn't it make sense to place
> these packages all within a subgroup like done for oauth2 and alljoin?
> As you know best the relations within these packages you will know a
> fitting name for such an subgroup.
> You could do this do also within your personal space. This subgroup
> should be movable later into the IOT namespace on Salsa if you like.

I looked into it (openconnectivityfoundation will be the most apropiate
name), but I suspect that I don't have the needed rol to create a subgroup.

On the other way, in my personal namespace I can create only projects. I
cant create subgroups.

Cheers,