[Debian-iot-maintainers] ocf-spec-core_2.1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Carsten Schoenert c.schoenert at t-online.de
Tue Aug 4 18:57:02 BST 2020

Hello David,

Am 01.08.20 um 20:43 schrieb David Suarez:
>> I just uploaded the ocf-spec-core core package to salsa.d.o., fixing
>> the copyright mistake and importing a new upstream version.
>>
>> Could any DD review and upload it ? It builds fine in sbuild and
>> passes ok the salsa pipeline [0].
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> [0] <https://salsa.debian.org/debian-iot-team/ofc/ocf-spec-core/-/pipelines/157165>
>
> Ping ?

I tried to have a look at this.
But I'm a bit confused by the current data an the master branch and
missing tags, at least one.

This repo is holding a gbp.conf in the debian folder so I assume this
repo is managed by git-buildpackage, but there isn't a file
d/README.source that explains the packaging workflow.

Next I don't see an updated branch 'upstream' nor the tagged new
version. Also there is no pristine-tar commit with some delta data so
I'm unable to rebuild the source bit identical and by this I even can't
build the package.

The changelog entry uses UNRELEASED for the distribution. This would
result in a autoreject.

Lintian must have mention this.

The chmod thingy I'd place into a more appropriate target
override_dh_fixperms (as written already earlier).

Seems you have some misunderstandings how git-buildpackage is intended
to help the packaging.

Right now there is not much I can do.

Given this package isn't in the archive yet I suggest to drop the last
two commits, doing a force push to salsa and then do a restart with a
proper and correct import of the new upstream version 2.2.0 with
git-buildpackage.

Next add the updates to the copyright file.

Finally use gbp again to create a changelog entry for the new imported
version.
If you have further questions please ask.

--
Regards
Carsten