[Debian-iot-maintainers] package openzwave on unstable

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Wed Nov 18 20:36:31 GMT 2020

Hello Team,

I took a look at the Debian package openzwave [1] and saw that the
migration to testing is blocked due to old bugs. I'd like to fix that
because I use openzwave myself so I'd hate it to be removed from debian
stable.

So I cloned the salsa repository and update it with recent packages
rules [2].
The main bug #944172 concerning gcc incompatibility seems fixed by
itself because the package builds properly with the gcc available by
default in unstable.
Also, I think when the new package will be uploaded to unstable, the bug
#929710 will be closed.

My question to the team is: is it ok if I upload this new package to
unstable or does someone see other improvements or fixes to add before?

/Nicolas

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openzwave
[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-iot-team/openzwave/-/blob/master/debian/changelog