[Debian-iot-maintainers] Application for being member of Debian IOT Team

Patrick ZAJDA patrick at zajda.fr
Sat Dec 9 12:34:41 GMT 2023

Hello,

I wish to be a member of the Debian IOT team.

My main motivation is to provide a backport in Bookworm for the
Mosquitto package as I asked on Github [1].

[1]:
https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/issues/2850#issuecomment-1847302660

I still consider myself as a beginner about Debian packaging.
Even if I am now the maintainer of the purple-discord package and
waiting for a sponsor to adopt the harmony package, these are very small
packages, in their size as in their maintenance task.
That's why I prefer being limited for now in backporting Mosquitto,
which is more complexe. I prefer taking small engagements than making
promises I won't be able to honor as expected.

I hop it could be useful for the team as for the Debian users community
to have this backport and I could be part of your team.

Best regards,
--
Patrick ZAJDA