[Debian-l10n-devel] Proxying Pootle through Apache

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Sat Jul 12 06:27:40 UTC 2008

Based on http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/apache, I did
setup churro's Apache to (theoretically) proxy Pootle.

The point would be serving static content through Apache and dynamic
content through Pootle.

The above page seems fairly well documented and Ifollowed it point by
point. I just adapted the paths to paths used by the pootle Debian
package, and the log files names to better fit the log file names we
use in Debian (an dthe log dir to be /var/log/apache2).

However, I don't really know how to confirm that this is working.

Indeed the log files seem to remain empty....

See /etc/apache2/sites-available/pootle,
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/010-pootle,
proxy* modules enabled in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled as well as
/etc/apache2/mods-available/proxy.conf

The nest point would be enabling HTTPS somewhere....