[Debian-l10n-devel] Output from gen-testing2

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sat Jun 7 13:06:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 08:48:16AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> >Warning: unable to determine top-level directory in
> >/mnt/mirror/mirror-sources-debian//pool/main/m/mysqltuner/mysqltuner_0.9.0.orig.tar.gz,
> >assuming there is no root directory
>
> Is this a significant output (ie something we should report to the
> package maintainer) ?

The maintainer could fix this by repackaging upstream source, but I don't
think it would be worth it.

I currently don't know if the fall-back strategy is safe or not.

> >pt.po: warning: Charset "ISO-8859-" is not a portable encoding name.
> >                Message conversion to user's charset might not work.

The problem is in ntop.

I first wanted to filter these errors out because they are also stored in
the testing/unstable material. But there might be other errors from
debconf-updatepo.
So I just made a change that make it clear that the error is an output
from debconf-updatepo, and indicate the package:
The error should now appear as:
    Package ntop, debconf-updatepo returned:
    pt.po: warning: Charset "ISO-8859-" is not a portable encoding name.
                    Message conversion to user's charset might not work.

Cheers,
--
Nekral