[Debian-l10n-devel] Failure of Spider

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Thu May 22 22:29:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

I could reproduce a failure of dl10n-spider.

I'm wondering if you have logs of the cron jobs.
I looking for something like:

Use of uninitialized value $_ in substitution (s///) at lib/Debian/L10n/Spider.pm line 158, <DATA> line 228.
Use of uninitialized value $_ in substitution (s///) at lib/Debian/L10n/Spider.pm line 159, <DATA> line 228.
Use of uninitialized value $_ in substitution (s///) at lib/Debian/L10n/Spider.pm line 160, <DATA> line 228.
Can't call method "phrase" on an undefined value at lib/Debian/L10n/Spider.pm line 164, <DATA> line 228.

Felipe, if the cron job generates logs, could you try adding:
print "html NOT DEFINED!!!\n" if not defined $html

On line 575 (after the call to get_message)

If the "html NOT DEFINED!!!" lines appear in the log, it means the
download of the html pages fails sometimes.
Some possible fixes could be:
  * retry a few times before failing
  * handle this error more gently, and keep the script running for the

If no such "Use of uninitialized value" appear in the log, I will have to
look further.

Cheers,
--
Nekral