[Debian-l10n-devel] Upgrading "churro" from Etch to Lenny

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Feb 23 07:35:09 UTC 2009

Quoting Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) (faw at funlabs.org):

> 	I'm planning to upgrade i18n.debian.net (a.k.a. churro) on the
> first week of March, of course, I will announce it on -l10n-devel list
> at least 48hs before (my current goal is to use the weekend first
> weekend: 07.Mar or 08.mar).

I was just thinking about proposing this soon....Great..:-)

I see no big problem in this, indeed.

I suggest announcing the time in -i18n....as well as notifying
ftpmasters (because of possible screwage of descriptions translations).

> 	We had a few backports installed and I would like to avoid
> pinning and, if possible, would the version of Lenny be OK for
> everybody? I do know about PostgreSQL (no problem here, same version
> in backports and lenny) and Pootle, not sure if we will stick with
> the Lenny version or will use backports.

We have a backport for git, also, because several repos Pootle is
hooked on needed that vesion of git.

So, going back to the Lenny version is fine by me.

Going to Lenny will even allow using Python Lehvenstein stuff (which
was very hardly backportable) which should speed up Pootle indexation.

> 	While I'm at it, I will fix the SSL certificates and try to
> prepare them to get signed by DSA and/or SPI and/or CAcert.

Would be great as well.

You get my GO for this...