[Debian-l10n-devel] Lost password on pootle.debian.net

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Mon Jul 20 19:01:12 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Roland, you were on BCC in case this ever occur to you.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 08:41:01PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:

> I received a message on IRC asking for resetting your password on
> pootle.debian.org.
>
> I would first like to confirm that julien1 on IRC is really you, and also
> could you send me a temporary password.
> If you still have your activation code, just tell me that you have it and
> it will be your new password. Otherwise, just send me a temporary
> password (preferably encrypted with my GPG key (EA7CF5AD), but a clear
> text password will just be OK).

In such case, you case generate a new password with:
	echo -n <password> | md5sum

The password need to be changed in the passwdhash field of
/etc/pootle/users.prefs for the user

Pootle also needs to be restarted.

The next version of pootle integrates a way to reset password.

Cheers,
--
Nekral