[Debian-l10n-devel] pootle.debian.net down?

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Mar 19 17:19:44 UTC 2009

Quoting Nicholas Ng (nbliang at gmail.com):
> Christian,
>
> I have uploaded a ZIP file (di-ms.zip, latest translation) to pootle
> server but the system created a new folder (di-ms) under DI. Is this a
> bug or I have done something wrong?

Hmm, ths is definitely not intended to work this way, I'm afraid.

> And, can I upload older PO file? Will the system merge the older
> uploaded PO file with the current one in the server?

If the PO file on the server has no local change (ie. no change made
in Pootle), then I would recommend doing it this way, yes. Don't
forget to commit after this so that the file ends up in D-I SVN.

The next days after you do this, the PO file will be resynced with the
current POT files in D-I SVN and, then you'll see the new resynced
file on Pootle.

Later on, I recommend you to either work in Pootle or in D-I SVN and
also to avoid leaving uncommitted changes in Pootle for too long.