[Debian-l10n-devel] Website not updating

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Wed Sep 23 04:54:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 07:40:45PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right place, but I didn't find a beter e-mail
> address. Please advice me where to go if this is the inappropriate list.

That's the right mailing list.
I will add additional information in the footer of the pages to clarify
this.

> Using http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/winff.html I follow the link to
> http://i18n.debian.net/l10n-pkg-status/w/winff.html however, that page
> only contains the translations as the were in the previous version of
> the package. I fixed the errors and updated several translations in the
> package, but they don't show up. A NEW translation was added to the
> page, so apparently it does know that the package was updated. Do I need
> to do anything additional to get the page to refresh the status of my
> translations? Or am I missing something obvious?

I'm not sure our robot applies the patches from source packages, this
might explain why your changes were not noticed.
I've re-triggered a generation of the page (which should be available in
one or two days; at least "'video' is not a valid section" should
disappear - it was a bug of the robot).

The "NEW translation" you mentioned (I assume zh_CN) was detected because
it was not added by a patch, but by a file  in the debian/ directory.

I would recommend to ignore the warnings on the
http://i18n.debian.net/l10n-pkg-status/w/winff.html page, or to push the
patch upstream.

Best Regards,
--