[Debian-l10n-devel] Need to revive old file from a removed DD account (was: Re: http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/SmithReviewProject - dead links)

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Wed Apr 7 07:56:31 UTC 2010

This one time, at band camp, Christian PERRIER said:
> Quoting Martin Eberhard Schauer (Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de):
> > Hi,
> >
> > »Colin Walters also wrote some guidelines
> > <http://people.debian.org/%7Ewalters/descriptions.html> ...«
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~walters/descriptions.html does not work.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~walters/ returns error 404
> > The requested URL /~walters/ was not found on this server.
>

> debian-l10n-devel has nearly nothing to do with this (but you couldn't
> know obviously).
>
> Colin Walters probably resigned from Debian (I haven't investigated
> deeply, just can't find his home on people.d.o).
>
> DSA people, is there a way to resurrect walters home directory and
> grab stuff from public_html in there? I think this is still valuable
> material.

It depends ...

people.d.o used to be gluck, before it was reinstalled and shipped to
Australia.  There is a /srv/OLD-STUFF/gluck-home-2009-07/home/ on ravel,
but I don't see a backup of walters' home directory there.  I can't
think where else it would be, as we don't keep backups going back that
far.

I have found http://mdcc.cx/debian/descriptions.html and
http://web.archive.org/web/20070915131707/http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://people.debian.org/~walters/descriptions.html

although I don't know if they are the latest versions.

Sorry to not have better news,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |