[Debian-l10n-devel] Thoughts about DDTP (Was: Number of requests for DDTP)

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:26:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 19:10, Michael Bramer <m.bramer at deb-support.de> wrote:

> I add our 'normal' Format. Is this ok?
>
> ----
> msgid ""
> msgstr ""
> "Project-Id-Version: adduser\n"
> "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
> "POT-Creation-Date: \n"
> "PO-Revision-Date: \n"
> "Last-Translator: \n"
> "Language-Team: German \n"
>
> msgid ""
> "Add and remove users and groups\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> " This package includes the adduser and deluser commands for creating\n"
> " and removing users.\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> "  - Adduser can create new users and groups and add existing users to\n"
> "    existing groups.\n"
> "  - Deluser can remove users and groups and remove users from a given\n"
> "    group.\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> " Adding users with adduser is much easier than adding them by hand.\n"
> " Adduser will choose appropriate UID and GID values, create a home\n"
> " directory, copy skeletal user configuration, allow you to set an\n"
> " initial password and the GECOS field.\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> " Deluser can optionally remove and backup the user's home directory\n"
> " and mail spool or all files on the system owned by him.\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> " Optionally a custom script can be executed after each of the commands.\n"
> msgstr ""
>
> msgid ""
> " Adduser is maintained on http://alioth.debian.org/projects/adduser/.\n"
> " There is also a development mailing list on\n"
> " http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/adduser-devel/.\n"
> msgstr ""

Looks okay, if we can add some indications about the string (short
description, long description part X) then it will be okay for me. I
didn't see this format from the link Martijn gave me, maybe I missed
something.

If I can submit po files directly, then it would be great, or you can
point me to some script that converts from po to our "traditional"
format, then I can feed the translations to email interface.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu