[Debian-l10n-devel] i18n work session to deal with DDT{P|SS} problems and move i18n.debian.net to DSA

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Tue Feb 1 12:08:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 07:02:09AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> About two weeks ago, I wrote the following mail to -i18n, CC'ed to a
> number of "key" people. It apparently went unnoticed by most of these
> key people, I'm afraid (except Stefano)....
>
> So, this is an attempt to get more answers...

Hi Christian, thanks for doing this.

> Stefano agreed later on, with his DPL hat, that this is a valuable
> goal. He even proposed to host such work meeting in the Center for
> Research and Innovation on Free Software (IRILL) in Paris.

FWIW, that was just a suggestion: a venue we can easily have for free
and generally considered easy to reach by various means, considering the
city in which it is located and its central location. If there are other
venues which might increase the possibilities of the meeting to take
place, by all means go for them!

> However, for this to happen, I would ideally need to have Felipe,
> Nicolas, Michael "Grisu" and Martijn (plus any other volunteer).

Would it make sense to have someone from DSA attending as well?
(although maybe it's not a blocker ...)

> No need to set it up urgently. Some week-end in March, April or even
> May would be fine.
>
> But an answer would help a lot..:-)

Good luck for this sprint organization, I really think we need something
like this to go forward on this important topic.

Cheers.