[Debian-l10n-devel] Number of requests for DDTP

Aron Xu aron at debian.org
Fri Jul 29 03:01:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

2011/7/29 Nicolas François <nicolas.francois at centraliens.net>:
> Dear Aron,
>
> We received (or we are still receiving) a huge amount of requests for DDTP
> from your mail (aronmalache at gmail.com).
> There are about 13000 mails currently in the queue to process your
> requests.

Canceled, sorry.

> The system is not designed to be flooded in such way, and this is quite
> disturbing for the other services and users.
>
> i.e. I cannot work on the server.
>
> In case you need to get such huge amount of requests, can you contact us in
> advance so that we can plan something more convenient.

I wrote to bubulle in early this month (8th July), asking about a more
convenient way to get that amount of data. In the reply he told me
DDTSS do basically the same thing by sending and receiving emails (the
difference is that it requests on demand), and actually he told me he
didn't know how to prepare those data for me. I believe he has
forwarded that email to you already.

No plan till the end of this month (20 days), so I wrote another
script, trying to behave nicely for both DDTP and me (sleep for 1
second after sending an email, sleep 15 minutes after sending a number
of emails). Now it appears that this is still too fast and I should be
more patient.

To others on the debian-l10n-devel list:

Getting such amount of data is preparing for another approach of
making DDTP translatable via Pootle, there is already a running
example instance though there are really really a lot of works TBD:
http://pootle.linuxdeepin.com/

I'll write another thread about this topic. (I promised to move the
discussion to public, and I am writing it now.)

--
Regards,
Aron Xu