[Debian-l10n-devel] Number of requests for DDTP

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Fri Jul 29 08:58:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 08:00:04AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:

> On 07/29/2011 03:19 AM, Nicolas François wrote:
> >
> >We received (or we are still receiving) a huge amount of requests for DDTP
> >from your mail (aronmalache at gmail.com).
> >There are about 13000 mails currently in the queue to process your
> >requests.
>

> more general:
>
> - I point logmail at ddtp.debian.net to /dev/null
>
>   This should remove a lot of mails from the query

Did you also cancel mails?
Or was this change sufficient to get all the mails from Aron handled?

> - We receive a lot of mails to the ddts, too much are spam.
>   In 2002, as I start the project, there are 1-2 per day... The time
>   have changed.

The amount of spam was manageable up to now. Yesterday, we really got much
more mails than usually:
http://i18n.debian.net/munin/localdomain/localhost.localdomain/exim_mailqueue.html

>   I like to change something in this part.
>
>   The mail interface ist used from some projects. That ist nice. I
>   like it myself.
>
>   A thought:
>
>   remove the 'callall' email adress pdesc@ and take some more
>   user-unfriendly for spams.
>
>   something like: VAR-pdesc-VAR
>
>   With VAR are 8 chars, with 4 digits and 4 letters. The postfix and
>   the prefix must be the same.
>   ex: 13ab2c4e-pdesc-13ab2c4e
>
>   With this every user can catch a personel email adress. And if we
>   get some spam, we can block this adress.
>
>   comments?

This would anyway be useful.

We would need to define how we switch from pdesc to this schema.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral