[Debian-l10n-devel] Number of requests for DDTP

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Fri Jul 29 09:22:57 UTC 2011

Hi Aron,

We need to understand more about your use case.
What are you doing with the files received from DDTP?

Do you need all the descriptions?
How often do you need to update the descriptions?
How often do you need to receive translations contributed directly on
DDTP?
How often will you re-inject translations into DDTP?

If you are creating a PO file (or multiple PO files), could we generate
this on the server and make it available to you and others?

Extracting the information from the database would be much more efficient.
This would avoid parsing the mails from ddtp, splitting the parts, etc.

You can find the current sql layout of the database on svn:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-l10n/ddtp-web/

And we could install a script from you on the server to format the data as
you like.

--
Nekral