[Debian-l10n-devel] Plans for a Debian i18n sprint "towards i18n.debian.org" in Paris, June 15th-17th

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Thu Apr 26 05:48:09 UTC 2012

Quoting Nicolas François (nicolas.francois at centraliens.net):

> > Location:IRILL seems possible, to be confirmed with Sylvestre Ledru (I
> > can do that)
>
> Depending on the number of people, I can host.

This is something I was thinking about. Actually, my wife suggested me
to host the sprint in our country house in Normandy (90km away from
Paris)... There we can host up to 10 people quite easily. The only
drawback os that we would rely on our house's DSL connection (so, if
we're unlucky to have connection trouble...that happen from time to
time, then we're in trouble..:-))

About the same stands for Nicolas place. I remember the place and,
indeed, if the sprint has up to 6-8 ppl (Nicolas, please confirm),
that would fit easily...Of course, there, the net connection also
relies on Nicolas DSL connection, which would indeed be more reliable
as Nicolas lives inside Paris.

IMHO, we certainly don't need a tremendous bandwidth as most of the
work is to be done on remote servers.

And such organization makes the event a bit easier to oranize and
(imho) more friendly.

> > Accomodation: I have 1 or 2 crash spaces. Others to be determined (I
> > can call for help on debian-devel-french).
>
> I would have 2 double beds available.

That would also help a lot. Nicolas plus up to 4 people at Nicolas
place and /me plus up to 2 people at my place --> we can accomodate up
to 8 people on our own.

Others, thoughts?