[Debian-l10n-devel] Churro down....

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Sun Mar 18 17:48:30 UTC 2012

Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog at gmail.com):
> 2012/3/18 Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>:
> >
> > I'm afraid that churro is down again....:-(
> >
> > And, no, I hadn't time to move services out of it....
>
> Hrm, it's certainly not responding here.
>
> As to moving services, I thought one of the problems was that they
> could only move to a DSA machine if the software was packaged, right?

It's not as strict as this but packaging things is definitely encouraged.

> Are there many services for which this is a problem, or is it mostly
> the DDTP/DDTSS?

Several services (particularly the status pages generation) rely on
debian-l10n scripts, that are now packaged. However, what's on churro
is not the packaged version but a copy of the SVN repo from which the
package was done. So, some work to adapt the various cron scripts on
churro (or on any new machine) to run with the packaged scripts and
libraries, is needed.

Running stuff from a role accound is already in place on churro, so
this doesn't have to be reimplemented.

And, of course, everything around the DDT* things is not packaged. I
even wonder if what is currently running is really committed to
debian-l10n SVN repo.