[Debian-l10n-devel] Churro down....

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Mar 19 05:44:57 UTC 2012

Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog at gmail.com):

> Well, I can guarantee that what's running now is not what's in SVN.
>
> That's mainly because I've forgotten how to commit things to SVN
> anyway. Then there's the question of whether we want to use the
> existing system or the new one...
>
> Where would stuff be moved to anyway?

We have two options:

- i18n.debian.org, prepared by Felipe and Nicolas during last Debconf,
planned to be DSA-administered. I'm not sure how well it is ready now
as I don't exactly know the DSA requirements (Felipe does but has been
very busy  since Debconf 11...too much to work on this).

- "skumbanan" a machine generously lent by a sewdish University (IIRC)
with Martin Bagge as relay (local relay). The machine is ready to host
us, I have root access and so does Martin (brother- on #debian-i18n on
irc.debian.org).

skumbanan would be a temporary solution to deal with the fact that we
can't even reliably reboot churro nowadays, because César's access to
it is only indirect. The original idea was to move service from churro
to skumbana as they are, without polishing things.

I planned to work on this during the March 4-11 week (where I had
plenty of hacking time at home) but some unplanned events (related,
indeed, to churro) forced me to work on something else.

If we can get churro back, I think the best is still moving thing to
skumbanan as it is:

- setup the same accounts and debian-i18n-robots role
- first setup a Debian mirror of sources as we have on churro
- copy all scripts that run status pages (in
/etc/cron.d/debianii18n-robots)  and cron them to see how
things are working
- move ~ddtp content
- setup apache to run the DDT* things
- move i18n.debian.net there