[Debian-l10n-devel] Changing i18n.debian.net DNS records

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Wed Nov 28 06:06:36 UTC 2012

Dear DSA folks,

Ganneff relayed this issue to you, I think.

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle at debian.org):
> Dear debian.net hostmaster,
>
> Would it be possible to change the current DNS records of
> "i18n.debian.net" and "pootle.debian.net" to point at 158.49.69.13
>
> This machine, hosted in Spain, in the Extremadura region facilities,
> got recently relocated and its IP address changed.
>
> This request should theoretically come from Michael Bramer, however he
> currently has trouble getting his hands on his GPG key to sign the
> request. So, I'm doing it on his behalf: I guess it's quite well known
> that I have "some" things to do with i18n in Debian....and therefor
> that I can be trusted when doing such request.
>
> Michael is of course CC'ed to this request.
>
> Please notify me n case there is any problem with this request and
> many thanks in advance for your answer.

In short, Grisu should be the person doing the update we
need. Unfortunately, he has no access to his GPG key (don't ask me how
he's doing his Debian work nowadays, I have no idea).

Is there a way to fix the i18n.debian.net DNS entry? Either
transferring the entry to me so that I can apply what's described in
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDotNet, which I got pointed to in the
meantime...or just doing the change manually).

All Debian packages translation effort is stuck for over two months
now...:-( (not only because of this DNS issue, but that one is the
last missing bit to recover the service).