[Debian-l10n-devel] Is @i18n.debian.org mail still being used?

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Thu Apr 24 05:30:52 UTC 2014

Quoting David Prévot (david at tilapin.org):

> Hi i18n dev, DSA CC’ed,
>
> Peter Palfrader asked if @i18n.debian.org mail is still being used: if
> not, ĥe’d like to remove it; if yes, he'd like to move it.
>
> In all of exim log history, only ever our own cron mail hit the alias,
> and those we could easily change (from a quick glance by Peter).
>
> Martin Zobel Helas also asked if that mail is still running via
> debian.net to the extremadura host (that has change hosting in the mean
> time, but the question still stands)? If yes, that should change too…
>
> Thanks in advance for replying: I’ve not much idea of how our
> configuration works myself.

I'm fairly sure that nothing important is using i18n.d.o mail system,
except the cron stuff and its mails (which I think I'm the only person
to read). As you say, cron mails are probably easy to fix.

The DDTP mail interface runs through @ddtp.debian.net, which has been
relocated to a virtual host.

The Extremadura machine is no longer used and the only thing left with
it is to stop it. The last blocker is indeed the home directories
content and, more specifically, a few DDTP database dumps which
Martijn van Oosterhout would prefer keeping if we can keep them
somewhere. Once done, or decided, churro (the Extremadura machine) can
be definitely shutdown (I hope that some of the contacts I have there
are still valid....at least the machine is still working as I receive
its daily mails). Here, the only real blocker is my lazyness (or lack
of time, name it as you prefer).