[Debian-l10n-devel] When will ddtp.debian.net get back to work?

Laura Arjona Reina larjona at debian.org
Wed Dec 21 09:05:26 UTC 2016

Hi again

El 21/12/16 a las 00:11, Laura Arjona Reina escribió:
> Hi everybody
>
> El 19/12/16 a las 09:21, victory escribió:
>> On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:31:45 +0800
>> Boyuan Yang wrote:
>>
>>> ddtp.debian.net is unavailable since months before. I tried hard to search the
>>> internet and finally I found debian-i18n list with some information about
>>> ddtp2.debian.net.
>>> My question is, will ddtp2.debian.net replace ddtp.debian.net? If yes,
>>> shouldn't we change the DNS record of ddtp.d.n, or the URL for DDTP project
>>> *now*? The current situation is indeed misleading.
>>
>> no one knows, no one can save, no one can change DNS,
>>  as the ddtp. holder does not respond;
>> this may be a flaw in the Debian project workflow
>>
>> so as a realistic solution,
>>  probably all links which points ddtp. should be changed to ddtp2..
>>

> I have updated the Debian website repo to make the links to ddtp point
> to the current live instance, https://ddtp2.debian.net
>
> It will appear in www.debian.org the next hours, I hope.

Should be visible now.

> i18n/l10n friends:
>
> * please review the pages of your languages to be sure I didn't break
> anything.
>
> * I changed the email addresses too, but I don't use them, I'm not
> sure if that system is working. Could you test them?
>
> * Tomorrow I'll update wiki.debian.org accordingly: search for
> http://ddtp.debian.net or https://ddtp.debian.net and edit the pages
> to change those links to https://ddtp2.debian.net. Anybody is welcome
> to beat me to it :)

I've updated the related wiki pages, except personal pages, and pages
about work done or past sprints. It's ok as is, IMO.

CC'ing debian-l10n-devel list (sorry I forgot in my former mail).

I was not sure how to reflect the DNS change in
https://wiki.debian.org/Services - please have a look and improve as you
wish.

Cheers

--