[Debian-l10n-devel] [Pkg-fonts-devel] shutting down the Debian fonts review
pabs at debian.org
Wed Sep 21 02:27:58 UTC 2016
On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 12:02 -0400, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Since fonts are related to i18n and l10n, it would make sense to me,
> if possible, for that review to be run on something like
I don't think fonts and i18n/l10n should be part of the same service.
> Paul, how much maintainence is there for the font review service?
The existing service is essentially unmaintained, so zero.
The existing service is ugly and poorly architected though.
Here is what I think needs to happen:
* Plan to start from scratch not just run the existing code somewhere
* Discuss and write down the high-level goals of the service
* Discuss and write down the specific features of the service
* Discuss and write down the proposed architecture of the service
* Discuss and write down the proposed implementation of the service
* Start working on the new codebase
* Talk to tarzeau/aurel32 about the fonts.debian.net domain
* Put the experimental version online at fonts.debian.net
* Find a team to maintain the service into the future
* Talk to DSA about moving it to fonts.debian.org
* Integrate it with other Debian infra like packages.d.o/tracker.d.o
* Keep the wiki page up to date throughout this process:
I won't be participating in shepherding this process nor implementation
but I'm happy to inject some ideas where needed.
For example, the new service could replace this wiki page:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Debian-l10n-devel