[debian-lan-devel] http.debian.net: "302 Moved Temporarily" error

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Wed Aug 1 10:51:11 UTC 2012

Hi Raphael,

in a wheezy Debian-LAN system [1] I use http.debian.net in apt's
sources.list in combination with apt-cacher-ng.  From time to time an
error occurs:

root at mainserver:~# sudo apt-get install mono-complete
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
[...]
Get:102 http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy/main freepats all 20060219-1 [29.0 MB]
Err http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy/main gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg i386 0.10.13-5
  302  Moved Temporarily
Get:103 http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy/main gstreamer0.10-gconf i386 0.10.31-3 [709 kB]
[...]
Fetched 147 MB in 2min 58s (827 kB/s)
Failed to fetch http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg/gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg_0.10.13-5_i386.deb
302  Moved Temporarily
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
root at mainserver:~#

The apt-cacher-ng log contains:

Wed Aug  1 10:58:40 2012|http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg/gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg_0.10.13-5_i386.deb
storage error [302 Moved Temporarily], last errno: Operation now in progress

This happens rarely, but spoils automatic installations using FAI.

The HTTP Error 302 seems to be related to the redirection.
Is this a bug/problem with http.debian.net or apt-cacher-ng?
If the latter is the case, I'll open a bug to apt-cacher-ng.

The "same" setup worked with cdn.debian.net in squeeze without
problems.

Best regards,

     Andi

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN