[debian-lan-devel] Network performance ToDo/ToTest (was: Roaming workstations in Debian-LAN available)

Julien Lambot jlambot at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:59:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Andreas B. Mundt <andi.mundt at web.de>wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> I hope you enjoyed holidays!

Sure :)
We had sun (mostly), rest and lots of good Italian food. Kids didn't wanted
to come back home.
Thanks

How is your network performance going?

For the moment, it's quite OK. I circumvented temporarily the issue by
moving the mailboxes locally until users have archived their huge
mailboxes. Some of them have about 8Gb within the inbox which quite killed
icedove.

> I found two issues that might
> be interesting to have a look at, discussed here:
>
> NFSv4 mount options:
>

> Iceweasel caching:

I will test and report asap. As well as the implementation of roaming
workstations.

Concerning the local copy of the home dir, what about a rsync mirroring ?
(e.g.: rsync -avz --delete-after ...)
This could be done regularly and through ssh or vpn remotely (provided
there is remote access).

Regards
Julien