[debian-lan-devel] When I shoot myself in the foot with a softupdate

Julien Lambot jlambot at gmail.com
Thu May 30 16:21:54 UTC 2013

Hello list

Just a little report on a
fai -Nv softupdate done on workstation after updating /srv/fai/config on
the server and adding a CUSTOM class.

TLS was broken, nlscd couldn't connect the server anymore.
I will go fix that later but I would like to know if I can do a softupdate
on the server to the latest release without major risks?
Next time, I will get my pants on and try that on my test environment first.

Andreas,
Is there something I can do to work on smoothing updates? If yes, how? What
would be the best procedure?
(note; I need to work a bit on git to better handle configuration changes)

Regards

Julien