[debian-lan-devel] nfs4's Kerberos ticket expiration hangs user processes

Julien Lambot jlambot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 08:51:51 UTC 2013

Hi Andi

I'm quite noob on Kerberos/Nfs, at least :)
In order to adapt the ticket lifetime, I tried to adapt the krb5.conf's
libdefault on both server and clients without succes.
Eg.:
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = INTERN
        ticket_lifetime = 86400

and also the /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf
[realms]
    INTERN = {
        admin_keytab = FILE:/etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
        acl_file = /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
        key_stash_file = /etc/krb5kdc/stash
        kdc_ports = 750,88
        max_life = 24h 0m 0s
        max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s

So I dig a bit into kadmin, with more success (everything seems to work
fine)

kadmin:  modprinc -maxlife 1days -maxrenewlife 1days +allow_renewable
krbtgt/INTERN at INTERN

Though, to make sure everything is ok for workstations, users and nfs,
shall I also update principals like :

host/mainserver.intern at INTERN
nfs/mainserver.intern at INTERN
nfs/workstation00.intern at INTERN