[debian-lan-devel] Switch from apt-cacher-ng to optimized Squid?

Andreas B. Mundt andi at debian.org
Mon Oct 21 19:11:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

as apt-cacher-ng seems not to work as expected, both the version in
whezzy and the backported version, I think about switching to Squid.
We use Squid already, and it's easy to add some configuration to
optimize it for packages.

I already committed the necessary code and started to test this
modification at my setup.  I took the necessary configuration
optimization from squid-deb-proxy [1].

If it works fine, I think we should also cherry-pick this for
wheezy-backports.  If anybody has some experience concerning the use
of Squid as package cache please let us know.

Best regards,

     Andi

[1] <URL:http://sources.debian.net/src/squid-deb-proxy/0.8.4/squid-deb-proxy.conf>