[debian-lan-devel] Update to jessie?

Andreas B. Mundt andi at debian.org
Sun Dec 1 00:05:55 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

nice to hear from you!

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 09:51:02AM +0100, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I have updated to the newest config space. Is there a way to stay on
> wheezy/stable or it is better
> for DebianLan to work with Jessie?
> I think in testing/Jessie has a dynamic that is difficult to manage.
> May be using wheezy
> and back-ports is better than support for Jessie?

The jessie version is not stable yet.  I started to give it a try, but
as jessie is a moving target it does not make much sense to spend too
much time on it so far.

> A class like Jessie may be the best support to test the newest version.
> I will use the newest config space from DebianLan with minimal
> changes for me but with debian
> stable.
> Have you update your production environment to jessie? You does not
> use wheezy any more?

No, I have all running with wheezy as available from the debian-lan
package in backports.  I think, as you already said, it makes not much
sense to run jessie in production when you want a stable and reliable
environment.  I am currently working on some smaller
improvements/fixes which I'll backport to wheezy too.  Next week I'll
open the system to the whole school, approx. 700 accounts will be
created!

Here is the git repository:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/debian-lan.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wheezy

Best regards,