[debian-lan-devel] Debian-LAN wheezy iso (20140302) didn't work

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Mar 26 02:38:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

Finally I created a DVD of Debian-LAN wheezy and used it to install my
testing laptop.  I selected mainserver profile and choosed "combined".
 During installation it wiped my hard drive (ouch) and showed "$LOGUSER is
undefined".  After installation and rebooting it has nothing, not even grub
or any boot loader.

I tried installing for three times.  The second time it even failed to
install.  The messages are:

<fatal error messages>
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/share/fai/setup-storage//Commands.pm line 1142.
Cannot satisfy pre-depends for true:
vgchange_a_n_VG_vg_system,pv_sigs_removed_vg_system,self_cleared_backup,self_cleared_home,self_cleared_opt,self_cleared_root,self_cleared_usr,self_cleared_var
-- system left untouched.
Error in task partition.  Traceback: task_error task_partition task
task_install task task_action task main
$LOGUSER is undefined. Not saving log files to remote.
FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped.
</fatal error messages>

For the first and third time, as I have said, it installed successfully
(except the $LOGUSER undefined part) but didn't boot.

Then I tried with "separated" profile twice.  Both times fatal error
occurred.

Regards,
Franklin