[debian-lan-devel] How to add workstation or add2dhcp not working

Robert Rettig robert at rettig.bayern
Tue Mar 8 09:00:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

according to the Setup_A description I did the following tasks:
* installed mainserver in combined mode
* switched on a client on the 10.0.0.0 lan and run debian-lan add2dhcp on
the mainserver
* tried rebooting the client and waiting for PXE boot, but instead it is
only showing some PXE-T01 File not found message.
* if I switch on another client as node and !not! configuring it with
debian-lan add2dhcp, thab it will show a bootmenu:
** see: http://screencast.com/t/Kc0Q6elEXh ^1
*** the menu choice Debian-LAN Live System is not working
*** If I install Debian-LAN: Debian Installer + FAI (amd64), it will produce
a gnome desktop client 'guest00'. But I cannot login into it.
**** http://screencast.com/t/nrCq1oiDrXj and
http://screencast.com/t/TQGbbkl7RBn

I don't get how accomplish the whole debianLAN way.

I also setup a fai server with the iso from http://fai-project.org and I am
working with the guide from there. Adding new clients here is working as
expected.

But the DebianLAN setup seems to be broken for me.