[debian-lan-devel] git repository

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Mon Nov 14 17:25:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

sorry, I forgot to subscribe to our mailing list .... Therefore a new
tread:

> On 11-11-14 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> I suggest we all start out by looking at the actual core pieces that
> Andreas have put together, and grow from there.
>
> ...which means we need it public...:
>
> @Andreas: I notice that both the Alioth web pages and the wiki page
> still refer to a git URL tied directly to the debian-LAN project.
>
> I recommend we instead use collab-maint: It is slightly more confusing
> for non-Debian-Developers (you need to join two groups, not one) but
> makes it easier for Debian Developers to casually contribute code (all
> DDs are inherently members of collab-maint).

Absolutely.  When I applied for the project, I suggested that we would
like to use collab-maint, but for some reason this got lost.

I'm not yet familiar with the alioth git stuff and collab-maint, can
you recommend how to proceed?  (Feel free to change what is needed, if
you have time).

As soon as we have the git repository the way we want it, we should
upload the stuff I have so far and then discuss how to proceed best.

Almost everything is possible, as long as we stay flexible and the
complexity is still maintainable.  But I hope that FAI helps us here.

Best regards,

     Andi