[debian-lan-devel] git repository

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Nov 19 08:53:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 05:10:10PM +0700, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 11-11-14 at 06:25pm, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> > I'm not yet familiar with the alioth git stuff and collab-maint, can
> > you recommend how to proceed?  (Feel free to change what is needed, if
> > you have time).
> >
> > As soon as we have the git repository the way we want it, we should
> > upload the stuff I have so far and then discuss how to proceed best.
>
> Instead of me doing the preparation stuff, I find it better that one of
> you do it, which ensures (by discussing the process here) that it
> becomes shared knowledge among us how it works :-)

I managed to fix most of this in the meantime, perhaps you can check
if it's now like you recommended.

> So...
>
> Each of us needs to have write access to collab-maint area at Alioth.

I already applied for access to collab-maint, however, I got no
response yet.  Maybe I should try again ...

> That requires a) an account at Alioth, and b) membership of debian-lan
> and collab-maint groups, and c) actual ssh access.
>
> That last part is done using ssh keys (not password).  More info here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH
>
> When done, each of us should be able to do "ssh git.debian.org", even
> now before the git exists yet!
>

> Then you, Andreas, whould create the shared git at alioth, and push your
> local work onto that git, suing something like this:
>
>   ssh git.debian.org
>   cd /git/collab-maint
>   ./setup-repository debian-lan 'debian-lan development and packaging."
>   exit
>   cd whereveryouhaveyourlocalgit/debian-lan
>   git remote add debian git.debian.org:/git/collab-maint/debian-lan
>   git push --all debian
>   cd ..
>   mv debian-lan debian-lan.old
>   git clone git.debian.org:/git/collab-maint/debian-lan
>
> Last two lines are not strictly needed but makes sure to treat Alioth as
> your main remote both for pull and push.
>
> When done, the rest of us can do last line, and hack on the code. :-)
>

> Hope that makes sense,

Many thanks for the instructions!  I go again for the collab-maint
account and continue as soon as I get access.

Best regards,

     Andi