[Debian-lego-team] Welcome to the Debian LEGO team

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Oct 8 12:00:40 UTC 2016

Welcome to this new mailing list for the people work on LEGO related
packages in Debian.  In addition to this mailing list[1], we have a
Alioth project[2], a wiki page[3] and a IRC channel[4] and several git
repositories[5].

 [2] <URL: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-lego/ >
 [3] <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/LegoDesigners >
 [5] <URL: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-lego/ >

Debian now contain packages for computer aided LEGO design as well as
LEGO Mindstorms RCX and NXT programming.

The idea beind this team is to move the orphaned LEGO related packages
to team maintenance using git, and invite the maintainers of other LEGO
related to join the team and maintain the packages as a group.  So far
the libnxt, nbc, nqc and t2n packages is in the process of becoming team
maintained.  The packages are maintained in a git repository structured
for use with git-buildpackage.  I did it like this because I am familiar
with this approach, not to enforce such approach to the group as a
whole.  I hope the rest of you can join in and make this group a
success.

Personally, I do not want a leader role in the team.  I simply lack the
spare time needed to do so.  But I hope we can find a good way to work
together and pull together to make the life as a LEGO designer in Debian
easier.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen