[Debian-med-packaging] SPAM on this list?

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Wed Nov 22 09:18:32 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I am open to re-moderation of the list, but moderation of Alioth lists
> have been strongly opposed by some Debian developpers on debian-devel.

Well, I know the discussions on debian-devel and accept the reasons.
I just did not noticed that the moderation of the packaging list was
switched of.  The difference between lists.debian.org and lists on
Alioth seems to be that at lists.debian.org SPAM filters seem to work,
well, quite reasonable and you have a SPAM reporting button.  The
alioth lists seem to miss both features and IMHO the chance that users
are trying to connect debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org
directly (instead of say debian-med at lists.debian.org) is IMHO that
low that a moderation would make sense.  We could set the automatic
packaging mails to pass moderation and anything else is quite low
traffic.