[Debian-med-packaging] ClustalW2 2.0.1

Steffen Moeller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 14:53:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

there is ClustalW 2.0.1 out since a few days. In the past we had always
used the ClustalX distribution and built two packages from there. The
current setup is focusing on treating the two separately. I personally
think that either is fine. Now, there are a few suprises.

a) ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/clustalw2/CHANGELOG says "Added
debian packaging files" but I had neither received any such info from
upstream nor have I found it in the clustal[wx].tar.gz.

b) the binary is called clustalw2 by default but somehow i feel that we
should keep the name without the "2". Other opinions?

I added/changed bits and pieces here and there and can report something
that install a working binary. Even the help is displayed - although I
did not do anything for that :) Some lintian warnings are around still.
Once these are fixed (any volunteers? I could not spot what was wrong)
we should test the autobuilders for non-free.

W: clustalw: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
W: clustalw: extended-description-line-too-long

Best regards,

Steffen (who _might_ now also turn to ClustalX)