[Debian-med-packaging] works-with-format for bioinformatics

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 18:02:08 UTC 2008

Hi Enrico,

2008/11/17 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>:
>  * There should be more than 6 or 7 packages in Debian that can make use of it
>
> Can you please list such packages?

I'll ask the bioinformatics team (cc'ed here). Which packages do you
maintain support the FASTQ format other than MAQ?

> Also, since we have biology::format:fasta, why are you suggesting
> works-with-format::fasta and works-with-format::fastq instead of just
> biology::format:fastq?

I noticed biology::format:fasta only after I suggested
works-with-format::fasta. I'm now asking what the difference between
the two would be. The two categories biology::format and
works-with-format seem redundant.

Cheers,
Shaun